Thursday, December 27, 2007

REFLECTIONS ON A FELLOW QI GONG PRACTITIONER'S EXPERIENCE

On December 11, 2007 Orea wrote this:

Quote:
Practice continues. Most days when I bow to Professor Pang, he smiles at me. I smile back. The day he took my hand, my arthritis pain completely disappeared for at least 24 hours. I didn't even need to take Aleve. I guess I couldn't hold it. It's a good goal to shoot for, since I don't like pain and I cannot donate platelets while taking NSAIDS. I used to donate every two weeks. I racked up over 100 donations, and I have the track marks to prove it! I'd really like to be able to resume it.

That said, he took my hand again tonight and covered it with his in a warm clasp. I placed my hand over his and we smiled at each other. I felt a warm heart connection with him. I don't know why this surprises me so, but it does. I didn't know he was such a warm person.

Blythe has been teaching me some neat things but I don't know the right words to describe it. It comes easily to me and I like it.

Oh, I had to go get my hair cut & colored today. I did Yang Chi to Christmas carols while I waited for the dye to do its work, and for my swamped stylist to get back to me for the haircut. I remember smiling a lot.

Unquote

I am just thinking of Orea’s visual and tactile experience of Dr. Pang and Master Liu and mindful of Jane’s advice that everything is an illusion…
Viewing the world through the mind is viewing it with a biased frame of reference dictated by our senses: visual, smell, audio, tactile (touch), & emotions (mind). I believe seeing Dr. Pang and experiencing his touch is can be real for the real mind (spiritual mind) unlike our normal mind is boundless. In our own experience we have all felt our mind’s ability to expand and encompass everything in the universe… therefore to be able to experience what Orea experienced is definitely possible.
If Orea’s experience is not brought about by any prior knowledge of the famous handshake and by her own admission, no prior knowledge of Dr. Pang personally except through the “Using Yishi” CD… her feeling of… “a warm heart connection” with Dr. Pang and her statement that she does not know that he is “such a warm person”…. I can see that what she felt is very real and she is undoubtedly sincere.

Thought of the day: "A sincere heart nurtures spiritual constancy."

No comments:

Post a Comment