Sunday, December 30, 2007

Validity of RELATIVE TRUTH

I did ZBE1+THCMM+Yang Qi followed by ZBE2+THCMM+Yang Qi and ZBE3+THCMM+Yang Qi to the music of “Romance in middle dantain. However, instead of putting my hands over the navel during yang qi, I held my hands in “Hunyuan Shou” form at my middle dantian.

Question for Jane: Is it alright to use the “Hunyuan Shou” hand posture with ZBE and THCMM practice?

Change subject:
Contemplation during “yang qi”: “Truth”

In my practice of mind cultivation and meditation I realized that it is easy for one to regard materials things as mundane and not worthy of our attention. In one of my conversation with my son we touched on the subject of relative truth and he told me:

“Dad, if my truth is relative truth, I would choose relative truth because the world in which I live in is relative. I will subscribe to your “spiritual truth” only when I am dead.”

As I contemplated on what he said during my quiet moments in yang qi/meditation, I realized that what he had said is valid truth in so far as living in the objective realm called “our world” is concerned. It became clear to me that I had erroneously considered my qi gong practice and spiritual cultivation to be far more important than anything else to the extent that I had left undone what my wife had wanted me to do for a long time….

1) Fix the leaking toilet in our children’s bathroom.
2) Replace the broken mirrors in ours as well as the children’s bathroom.

Immediately after my practice I made it a point to get both jobs done before settling down to capture this very important enlightenment before it slip away from my memory. My wife is so happy that I had finally got the chores done. She did not realize that it is my mind cultivation that did the trick. (Background: She had complained on a number of occasions that I am married to my qi gong and not to her!).

I realized that we still need the relative truth (truths perceived by each and every individual observer) in order to function in society. I cannot reject relative truth for to do so I would have fallen into the trap set by my false self and lost my realization of “Inner Truth” perceived through meditation. It is the nature of TAO to embrace all… so how can I reject anything?

That said it does not mean that we should be happily indulging ourselves in this delusive realm. Instead with the empowerment of Inner Truth, we would be humble in our dealings with people and instead of feeling superior when we see their “false believes” we will feel compassion. In arguments…: “Is it important to win when each truth propounded by both sides have their own range of validity?” Thus we have maintained harmony…

3 comments:

  1. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to read article in news papers but now as I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to
    web.

    Here is my web-site: fast weight loss diets

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one desires expert view on the topic of blogging and site-building afterward i
    suggest him/her to go to see this blog, Keep up the good job.



    Also visit my webpage: how to prevent rheumatoid arthritis

    ReplyDelete