Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New developments in my practice

January 8, 2008
I wake up this morning with a strange feeling... My head is pulsing.... rather like it is expanding and contracting by itself. It is a rather uncomfortable feeling and as I am writing now I can still feel this strong sensation. My own believe is that there is too much qi in the head and I need to bring it down. Putting my tongue gently on the upper palatte and thinking of lower dantian does not seem to help.

I wonder if it is the change of practice routine that causes this. Last night I did about 1-1/2 hrs practice as follows:
First 20 minutes with dream melody in lower dantian: ZBE1 + THCMM _ Yang qi concentrating in lower dantian hands clasped in hunyuan ling tong mudra at lower dantian. When the romance in middle dantian music came on I moved the mudra to middle dantian for the next 20 minutes.

The next 20 minutes with dream melody in lower dantian I did ZBE2 + THCMM + Yang qi with hunyuan lingtong mudra at lower dantian. When music switched to romance in middle dantian I moved mudra to middle dantian and concentrated on middle dantian.

Jane, any advice on whether what I am doing is okay and how to reduce this "pulsing sensation in my head? Or should I just ignore it and continue as usual?

Hun yuan ling tong!
Kian Tee

Reply by Jane:

I 'd suggest you change the order, middle Dantian first, Lower Dantian and Yang Chi last.

Keeping the tongue touching the upper palate will cause chi going up to the head, you'd better keep the tongue touch the front teeth or the lower palate.

If it still does not work, just give up the mudra for a while.

Actually it is not a bad sensation with automatic expanding and contracting in any part of the body, you are just not used to it. It's a sign that the chi is really active and abundant and starts to do the job by itself. I'd rather congratulate you. But watch your blood pressure, if it is getting higher, chant HYLTin your Dazhui and Mingmen. If everything else is fine, you can leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment