Saturday, June 07, 2008

GOOD-BYE PAPA, MAMA

Dear friends,

Spare a few moments to reflect on the sufferings of our brothers and sisters. In times of tragedy humanity rise above their selfish tendencies and display the goodness within as shown by this beautiful song by May Chan…

A thoughtful soul who cares…

THANK YOU MAY CHAN, TRACY, & ALICE POON FOR SHARING... I AM MOVED TO TEARS BY THE IMAGES OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN'S SUFFERRINGS... BY THEIR BRAVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE REALITY FACING THEM AND MOST OF ALL MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE SOULS WHO HAVE SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES IN ORDER TO FULFILL THEIR DESTINY OF TEACHING US WHAT IS TRUE

COMPASSION
... KIAN TEE...

video

The following is Alice Poon’s translation of the song lyrics:-
(Link in Asia Sentinel)

The sky is darkening, and the birds have gone to bed.
I’m all alone and thinking about my papa and mama.
Their faces so kind, sweet like honey,
They are saying goodbye to me, from that place so far away.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I know you love me so.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I will not fear if the sky gets darker still.
I will grow up all the same.
But I still miss you, and your cosy arms
That hug me so close to you.
I’m thankful to you, and I wish you well in silence,
Hoping you will find peace, in that far-away place.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I know you love me so.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I will not fear if the sky gets darker still.
I will grow up all the same.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I know you love me so.
Goodbye, mama, goodbye, papa,
I will not fear if the sky gets darker still.
I will grow up all the same.


This song home may be found in this URL:
http://www.jollyisland.net/club.html#goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment