Thursday, January 28, 2010

An inspiring story...

Here is an inspiring story by a Belgian lady who was nursed back to health by the practice of zhineng qigong and no doubt by her profound understanding of the Hunyuan Entirety Theory and meaning of Hunyuan Lingtong. The article taken from Wei Qi Feng laoshi's blog in Baidu.com

My Experience with Zhineng Qigong
By Tilla Van Opstal of Belgium

The first time I heard about Zhineng Qigong was 9 years ago. A coworker lent me a video with the LCU. I felt immediately connected and started with the exercise on a daily basis. A month later I went to a one day workshop. There I decided to become an instructor because I was convinced that this was good for everybody.

The reason for feeling so good with this method was the combination of movement and meditation. It was timesaving as I felt the need of doing both.

I was very weak. I went through a period of nine years without practically any sleep. I was so weak that I couldn’t hold a pencil to write. One of the reasons was the pain in my lower back. As long as I was moving around, it was ok, but lying down, the pain was so strong that it kept me awake. In addition to that I often had migraines for a couple of days so badly that I had to stay in bed in the dark. Little by little I got my energy back. A Chinese doctor told me that without qigong I wouldn’t be able to walk around, so I got more confident that this was a good way for me to regaining my health.

I didn’t have much time to practice as I had to go at the office and also do my household, having two children. I got up at 5.30 to practice one hour before waking up the children. But because I had also evening classes, I only went to bed by 12 o’clock.

In 2003 I stopped working and decided to make Zhineng Qigong my profession. It’s my goal to bring Zhineng Qigong to Belgium. People know yoga and tai chi, but qigong, more specific Zhineng Qigong is very new. So I had to start from the bottom up with small groups. Even now sometimes I teach for only 8 to 10 people. Most of them prefer small classes because than they have full attention and personal coaching.

The first time I went for a one month training in China was In 2004 with teacher Luke Chan. I met him during his teachings in Europe. In 2006 I went to Malaysia having teachings from teacher Ooi Kean Hin. That was the first time I heard about the theory, about Yiyuanti and Daode.

In 2007 I went to China to study for 10 days with teacher Li Hong Shi in Beijing. He thought me the softness and kindness.

In 2008 I stayed for one month in Hainan with teacher Jianshe and his colleagues. It was a good feeling being whole the time in a center and the training was intense. There I met teacher Wei Qi Feng.

Early 2009, I went there for one month training with teacher Wei who opened a complete new world for me. That’s the reason why, until now, this time my stay in China was the most intensive experience for me. First of all we went deep into the theory. Deep, but in a simple way.

I understood that there were many tools bringing us to the core, the most important or central part, of Zhineng qigong by finding our true self and finding our freedom.

Since I understood the Hunyuan theory I have the feeling of being connected to the universe, to the nature, but also to everybody around me. Everything and everybody is a part of me. By this feeling I feel respect for everybody, for all the work they do. Here is an example: in my behavior I will not throw waste, like paper or plastic on the ground, along the road, or in nature. First of all someone else has to clean it and secondly I don’t want to contribute to pollution of nature.

I’m eating very slowly. That has nothing to do with me not being used to eat with chopsticks, but out of respect of the work the cook had by preparing the food. And the more attention I give to food, which comes from nature, the more I express my respect for it. When pulling in qi by doing movements, we are also very slow and aware of the qi. In food we find also fundamental qi and therefore I eat mindful.

I learned that visualizations and using images, such as a blue sky, were tools, which you can drop at a certain moment and go to the real feeling. The first time that I experienced this was doing the push pull. I used to bring the blue sky into my body and let go, but now I can feel how the qi itself is getting in and around my body.

I got to know about Shen Ji palace. This is completely new to me. I found the entrance of that palace, but not yet the bedroom where teacher Wei always let his mind sleep. So here I need some more practice. Going there I was very restless and couldn’t calm down my mind. By bringing me in Shen Ji palace, doing meditations from my Shen Ji palace, I found some peace and rest.

I learned to use this Shen Ji palace not only during meditations or movements, but also in daily live, when going shopping or sitting in the bus. This way we are much stronger and protected against all outside influences which are not always positive.

I learned how to use my willpower to stay focused or concentrated and let go all distracting thoughts and desires which kept me away from my freedom.

I learned about Yiyuanti and how my frames of references are influencing my being. By being aware of my reactions, by studying my feelings and thoughts, I can create new frames of references to become a better person, to get closer to my freedom, to get closer to my true self. I learned how to stay on the background as being on the top of the hill looking down on what is going on, just observing, living in the present.

I also learned to use this concentration in every movement. So I have been practicing e.g. the cranes neck for about one hour, feeling how every part of my body is changing depending on the position of the head, feeling how to become one with the qi, how to be one mass of qi.

I experienced the intensely turning of the tailbone and the power it gives to the spine and the brains. My intelligence is certainly improved by it.

The fact of being in the centre is also great. Even without me speaking the language I can feel at home as I feel accepted as part of the big Zhineng family. If the Chinese language would not be so difficult, I would start learning it immediately. When practicing together in the group in the big qi-field I can sense it, but I am sure that a big part of the effect is lost by not understanding what is said. When I have my private classes with teacher Wei, I have most of the time a very deep qi-feeling. So I can imagine, being in a big group, hearing the same words in your own language, is like taking a qi-bath.

My dream now is creating a centre in Europe were all habitants can gather together and experience the big qi-field, the effect of the Zhineng family in their own language or in a language that is familiar to them. In the mean time I certainly will advise my students to come to China to experience the roots of Zhineng Qigong.

No comments:

Post a Comment