Monday, January 25, 2010

PRACTICE REGIME

For years I religiously practiced penggong, 3CM, xing shen zhuang in succession every day. Up to a certain point and perhaps due to listening to a lecture by Dr. Pang concerning the need to focus or specialize: 'zhuan yi xin nian' I decided to take his advice and found it to be more effective. I was asked a question on my practice regime and my answers to this question together with other answers are produced below:

The healing melody CD.
It did not come with any instructions on how to use it. We just put it on and do ZBE/THCMM and thereafter do 'yang qi' until the end of the CD. I think the instructions are essentially the same as the healing directives given by Dr. Pang in xan xing ping zhan zhuang. I have a microsoft word version of the instructions in English. I will look for it and forward a copy to you if you think it will help. And oh yes you can also do Peng gong, as well as other zhineng qigong exercises while having the CD on. That is an excellent way to ensure that you put in a practice duration of as long as the CD.

The above said, the healing melody has been empowered by the energy field of Master Liu and those in the practice group have put it on to receive its healing energy while they get on with their daily stuffs. Does it work? I have learned not to question... ;)

Master Liu's wordless spiritual transmission
Does it work? If there is a question to be asked, I rather ask the question why miraculous healings has happened to some practitioners and not to others. Personally I try to stay neutral for to judge would definitely put us on the realm of the 'relative'. In our practice of zhineng qigong we strive to focus our mind on the movements (stillness in motion) and hopefully achieve a level of consciousness (presence) that enables us to rise above the relativism of the of the manifested. The qi field to me is the closest to the unmanifested and therefore I strive and focus on qi field in order that I may experience what the accomplished masters have tried to describe using our (inadequate) symbols of words.


Do you still practice with your regular group?
I still practice with two groups. On Thurdays I practice penggong (level 1) with one group and on Sundays I practice wu yuan zhuang (level 3) with another group. The benefit of practicing in a group is the qi field that we are in when in a group practice.

What is my practice regime like?
I had previously put in at least two to three hours a day on complete sets of: penggong, sanxingping zhan zhuang, xing shen zhuang and at some point even ZBE/THCMM. Since about just over a year ago I realized that up to a certain level it would be more effective to focus on certain forms with certain objectives in mind. This is called 'zhuan yi xin nian' (or spceialization) by Dr. Pang if I am not mistaken. In zhuan yi xin nian, we have a certain objective in mind and choose the form that will help us achieve that objective. In my own case I have focused primarily on 'song yao' (loosening of lower back or waist) as I am aware that in order to truly achieve complete and unimpeded flow of qi throughout our entire body our waist must be relaxed and in my own experience, this is the most challenging aspect of mind-body integration to achieve. Unimpeded flow of qi means being able to achieve a truly deep relaxation not only physically but also mentally. A deep mental relaxation means going into a higher level of qigong state.

There are a few forms that I do a lot. Forms that I think will help in song yao. They are 'zhi tui zuo' or straight legs method; 'he shou long tou, qi chong tian' or crane neck dragon head; 'fu sheng gong yao song du mai' or spinal stretching; 'dun qiang' or wall squat; 'zhuan yao shuan kua qi kui tian' or hip rotation; 'cheng qi' or stretching qi and 'cheng pi'.

Aside from focusing on the above forms I try as far as possible to do the entire set of pengong every day if time permits. Peng gong to me is like a must because it enhances the natural process of qi exchange between man and the universe. It increases our energy level and keep us in touch with hunyuan qi of the universe.

From the above you can see that I have no fixed regime as such. The closest to any regime that I may have on a daily basis is:

1) Penggong
2) In various combination for each day:
  • 'zhi tui zuo' or straight legs method;
  • 'he shou long tou, qi chong tian' or crane neck dragon head;
  • 'fu sheng gong yao song du mai' or spinal stretching;
  • 'dun qiang' or wall squat;
  • 'zhuan yao shuan kua qi kui tian' or hip rotation;
  • 'cheng qi' or stretching qi and
  • 'cheng pi'.
I hope that I have not bored you with so many things. I would appreciate to hear from you your practice regime. We can learn from each other.

HYLT!
Kian Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment