Sunday, October 07, 2012

There's a saying in China: A good teacher is measured by how many masters he produces.

 I realized today why it is important that one should have a good teacher. Yesterday I attended a workshop which lasted from 10:30am in the morning to 9:00pm at night and 7 to 8 hours (minus lucnh, tea and dinner breaks) I have achieved what I could not achieve in two years of hard work on zhitui song yao. Here's my experience: -



From: Lim KIan Tee [mailto:kiantee.lim@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 7 October, 2012 7:45 AM
To: 'Hoh Man Chai'
Subject: Workshop at Help University College of Art and Technology on October 6 and 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Hoh,
Regret to inform you that I will not be able to attend the second day workshop today due to personal reasons. However I am truly glad that I had made the decision to join the workshop for I discover this morning that the step by step zhi-tui songyao gong fa taught by Kong Xu laoshi yesterday has indeed given me the results that I have not attained in over two years of hard work on the same form. I woke up to find that my qi has definitely sunk to my dantian and I experienced the kind of ‘rooting’ into the earth I have never felt before. Even a very slight movement of my toes will send qi surging up my legs, spine and all the way up to my head! Excited, I immediately do form no. 9 (Tan Tui Qiao Zu Miao Tai Ji) of Xingshen Zhuang with my eyes closed. To my amazement I could do it with my eyes closed without losing my balance. This is something I could not have done before even though I have been a serious zhineng qigong practitioner for close to nine years. Please convey my heartfelt thanks to Kong Xu laoshi. He is truly a great teacher.
Warmest regards,
Lim Kian Tee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment